University of Richmond Coding Boot Camp
Become a Web Developer
in 24 Weeks
Class Starts July 23, 2018 at the University of Richmond
- Benefit from a wide range of career services to position you for success through program completion and beyond.
- Build a portfolio of web applications to showcase your knowledge.
- Study part-time while maintaining your work schedule.
Web development is one of the fastest growing careers in today’s economy with a projected 27% growth rate by 2024.* The Coding Boot Camp was designed to help students develop the skills and professional network needed to capitalize on this high demand.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics
What You Will Learn
- Students will learn a full stack, including the skills needed to become proficient front- and backend developers.
- Students gain access to a tutor network, allowing them to get help both inside and outside the classroom.
- Students receive career-planning assistance, including:
- Portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, career content and practice sessions, technical interview training, 1:1 career coaching, soft skills training, and more.
- Access to a dedicated Profile Coach and Career Director that will work with you throughout the program and prepare you to be Employer Competitive.
- Students will also gain industry insights through Tech Talks—quarterly online panels with local industry professionals.
What Students Receive
- Students benefit from a Project Demo Day—quarterly networking event with local professionals to showcase their final projects.
- Continued one-on-one career coaching with your career director post-program completion.
- A Certificate of Completion from the University of Richmond showcasing your accomplishments to future employers.
- A robust portfolio of projects to demonstrate your working knowledge of web development.
About the University of Richmond
School of Professional and Continuing Studies
More than 50 years ago, the University of Richmond School of Professional and Continuing Studies pioneered professional and continuing education in Richmond. Today, we enrich the lives and careers of thousands of part-time and nontraditional students. Our programs are designed for working professionals and adult students, balancing academic rigor with flexibility and value. You can attend part time in the evenings and during weekends at a pace that supports your other life commitments.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the dates of the Coding Boot Camp?
- Classes begin July 23, 2018
- Can I keep working while studying at the Coding Boot Camp?
- Yes. The program is designed for working professionals who are actively seeking career change.
- How long is the course?
- Students can complete the program in six months.
- Do you provide career planning support?
- Yes. We offer all of our students career support and coaching, including portfolio reviews, resume assistance, and technical interview training. In addition, we offer students experiential learning opportunities to strengthen their portfolio.
- Do I need to have previous experience in programming before enrolling?
- No. While having some background can help, our pre-course tutorials will get you up to speed and ready to start learning on Day 1.
- What sets your boot camp apart from others I can join in Richmond or elsewhere?
- We offer a part-time program that allows working professionals to study web development without leaving work.
- Students benefit from a robust set of professional development services to prepare them for success as they work to advance or change careers.
- Our curriculum is built based on the most in-demand technologies specific to the Richmond market.
- Can I receive credit for this course?
- No. This is a non-credit professional certificate course offered by the School of Professional and Continuing Studies.